Wednesday 11 July 2012

Fun tassely t-shirt scarf


I'm just going to come out and say it. I love t-shirt crafts. Especially scarves made out of t-shirts. They're cheap, fun, and usually fairly easy. 

I saw an awesome roundup of t-shirt scarf tutorials recently on My Blessed Life. I decided to make number seven - the fringe scarf. Since summer is finally here in Vancouver (it's about time, right?), I thought that this scarf would be light enough to pair with a cute shirt and jean shorts or a skirt. 

The tutorial itself comes from Lakeland Local. But I've taken pictures so you can see exactly how I did it. 
a. Grab any ol' XL t-shirt. I chose white. Cut it just under the armpits. I used a rotary cutter for all of my cutting in this project, but you can totally use scissors if you prefer. 

b. Save the scraps!! You never know when you will need scrap fabric for another project. 

c. Cut small strips about halfway up the tube of fabric. Not too small though, or you risk them breaking. 

d. Now for the fun part! Pull on each strip until it rolls up on itself. Jersey fabric is great for this. 
--


That's all there is to it! Now put it over your head and rock your new scarf! As you can see in the pictures I took, I added my own little twist and knotted all of the jersey strings. I think if I made another one, I'd add beads to it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment