Tuesday 17 July 2012

Birthday card with mini bunting

I love making my own birthday cards. I can't remember the last time I bought a birthday card, or any card for that matter, to give someone. Whether it's designing one on the computer, or using scissors and glue, I like to give my cards that special, personal touch. 

My boyfriend's birthday was this week, and I wanted to make him a cute birthday card. I also wanted it to be a bit unique since this is the third birthday card I have given him. A little Google image search led me to a picture from a blog called How About Orange

The tutorial is super simple, and the card was quite easy to make, and only took me about 45 minutes to make (I was a bit slow because I was watching TV and cutting little triangles out of construction paper). 

All you need is:
  1. Coloured construction paper
  2. Thread, or very thin string
  3. Card stock for the actual card (I used a recipe card because that's all I had)
  4. A glue stick (I actually used Mod Podge because my glue stick had dried out)

Kind of cute, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment