Wednesday 8 August 2012

Lace braids

I am completely obsessed with braids. French braids, dutch braids, waterfall braids, spiral staircase braids...I know how to do them all. I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I may or may not have spent many a night watching braiding tutorials on YouTube instead of sleeping.

The only thing is, as much as I love my curly hair, braids do not show up very well in it. Because it is already so textured, the intricacy of the braid gets lost in it. I remember when I learned how to do a five-strand braid. I was so excited to do it in my hair, and when it was done, it looked nothing like in the picture. Almost like it was just a regular braid.

This is the reason that I love to braid other people's hair. I have lots of friends with straight, or slightly wavy hair, in which braids look absolutely gorgeous!

Here's a tutorial that I used to learn how to do lace braids:


It's actually quite simple to do. Practice a few times and you'll get the hang of it! I actually did not one, but two lace braids for my pretty friend Alannah. I was sitting next to her at her birthday dinner, and couldn't resist! 

I could braid her hair all day!

You caught me, I Instagrammed!

Once you're able to do a regular lace braid, the possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment